Born in 1892 in Bolton, Lancashire, Jack Hylton was a major recording artist during the Jazz Age when bands like the Original Dixieland Jazz Band were creating a sensation playing at the Hammersmith Palais and yet he was not really a part of the jazz scene but known as the "English Paul Whiteman"
Playing West End residencies and Halls with his theatrical style and Whiteman influenced arrangemants he was a part of a group of Great Dance Band Leaders that included Jack Payne, Ambrose, Harry Roy, Lew Stone, Roy Fox, Henry Hall and Maurice Winnick.
This well filled and re-mastered CD contains a selection of first class Tin Pan Alley tunes expertly played by Hylton and his Orchestra and wonderfully sung by the likes of Sam Browne, The Swingettes, Alice Mann and June Malo.
1. You're The Cream In My Coffee
2. That's My Weakness Now
3. The Breakaway, Big City Blues
4. Wir Wollen Tun, Als Ob Wir Freunde Waren
5. Lucky Day
6. Turn On The Heat
7. Diga Diga Doo
8. I Want To Be Bad
9. Tiger Rag
10. High And Low
11. The Varsity Drag
12. Herr Lehmann, Herr Lehmann, Was Macht Die Frau Gemahlin In Marienbad
13. Aint That A Grand And Glorious Feeling?
14. Limehouse Blues
15. Ich Bin So Scharf Auf Erika
16. Me And Jane In A Plane
17. My Lucky Star
18. Chinatown, My Chinatown
19. You Turned The Tables On Me
20. Sing, Baby, Sing
21. One, Two, Button Your Shoe
22. Music Maestro Please
23. Swing Is In The Air
24. Why Doesn't Somebody Tell Me These Things?
25. Boom (Why Does My Heart Go Boom?)